COVID19 CORONAVIRUS UPDATE:
Our warehouse is fully stocked. Warehouse personnel will be working limited hours, and will be gloved-up for all packaging and deliveries. Current CDC guidelines will be followed when packaging your products.
Your order should ship the same day ordered, if the order is received by 11:30 AM EST. Or, the package will ship the next business morning.
Staff not essential to getting you your order will be working with the community to help seniors have food delivered to their doorsteps.
There could be brief delays with expedited orders. But, as of today, all processing is close to normal.
All the best to you and yours during these unprecedented times.
To follow are recommended procedures for cleaning your radios before sharing with others. Note - we have several customers who are placing the radios inside ziplock baggies when the radio is given from one person to another.
Motorola Solutions Technical Notification (MTN)
TITLE: Recommended general Motorola Solutions radio, body-worn camera and accessory cleaning and disinfecting guidelines in response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic
MOTOROLA'S CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS:
TECHNOLOGY: Motorola Solutions Radios, Body-Worn Cameras and Accessories
In response to the recent outbreak of the Coronavirus (COVID-19), based on Motorola’s current and best understanding, here are the recommended cleaning and disinfecting guidelines for Motorola Solutions radios, body-worn cameras and accessories. Per the World Health Organization (WHO) and the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), cleaning refers to the removal of germs, dirt, and impurities from surfaces. Cleaning does not kill germs, but by removing them, it lowers their numbers and the risk of spreading infection. Disinfecting refers to using chemicals to kill germs on surfaces. This process does not necessarily clean dirty surfaces or remove germs, but by killing germs on a surface after cleaning, it can further lower the risk of spreading infection.
Information from the WHO website: Getting your workplace ready for COVID-19
Information from the U.S. CDC website: Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)
● Apply 0.5% detergent-water solution with a cloth, then use a stiff, non-metallic, short-bristled brush to work all loose dirt away from the device. Use a soft, absorbent, lintless cloth or tissue to remove the solution and dry the device.
● Make sure that no solution remains entrapped near any connectors, cracks or crevices.
● Devices may be disinfected by wiping them down with over-the-counter isopropyl alcohol (rubbing alcohol) with at least a 70% alcohol concentration.
● When cleaning with isopropyl alcohol, the alcohol should never be applied directly to the device. It should be applied to a cloth, which is then used to wipe down the device.
● The effects of certain chemicals and their vapors can have detrimental effects on plastics and the metal platings.
Do not use bleach, solvents or cleaning sprays to cleanse or disinfect your device.
IMPORTANT: Motorola Solutions, Inc. is unable to, and did not, determine whether any particular cleaning product is effective in removing specific foreign substances (including viruses) from the device, nor whether any disinfectant will remove all germs or viruses. However, the above cleaners, disinfectants and processes have been approved for use by Motorola Solutions, Inc. related to their less degrading effect on the physical device. Please consult the chemical manufacturers’ documentation for specifics on cleaning product efficacy with regards to foreign substances (such as viruses).
For assistance with this bulletin, please contact your Motorola Solutions, Inc. Technical Support Center.
In NALA: https://www.motorolasolutions.com/en_us/support.html
In EMEA: https://www.motorolasolutions.com/en_xu/support.html
In Asia: http://www.motorolasolutions.com/en_xp/support.html
KENWOOD'S CLEANING INSTRUCTIONS:
In response to the COVID-19 pandemic, JVCKENWOOD is providing recommended cleaning and disinfecting instructions for Kenwood radios and accessories to assist with general hygiene guidelines set forth by the World Health Organization (WHO) www.who.int and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) www.cdc.gov.
1. Remove dust and dirt from surfaces using a clean, soft cloth. If additional effort is required to remove dust and dirt, a non-metallic brush may be used to loosen dirt and debris.
2. Apply a 0.5% detergent-water solution (ex: natural detergent or mild dishwashing soap) or a 70-80% disinfecting ethanol* solution to a clean, soft damp cloth and wipe down all surfaces. If using a detergent-water solution, distilled water is recommended.
3. Dry all surfaces using a soft clean cloth paying close attent
ion to terminals and connectors.
4. Inspect the radio to make sure no cleaning solution remains trapped near connectors or inside terminal cracks or crevices.
* The majority of commercially available disinfecting ethanol is diluted to a 70-80% solution. Please check the dilution ratio before using to clean/disinfect radio or accessory surfaces.
JVCKENWOOD is unable to, and did not, determine whether any particular cleaning product is effective in removing specific foreign substances from a device, nor whether any disinfectant will remove all germs or viruses. Please consult the chemical manufacturer’s documentation for specifics on cleaning product efficacy with regards to foreign substances (such as viruses).
Recommended cleaning and disinfecting guidelines for all Kenwood
radios and accessories in response to COVID-19
Service Bulletin: LSB-0364
Issued Mar 20, 2020
JVCKENWOOD USA Corporation
EF Johnson Technologies, Inc.
a JVCKENWOOD Company